Pursuant to a poll taken by Military Times, sixty-six percent of the men and women who serve in the U. S. military polled indicated that if the election were held today, they would cast their vote for Mitt Romney while only 26% would cast their vote for Barack Obama.
In the words of James Carville, “It’s the economy stupid.”
It is not military issues that concerns the men and women serving in our military most but the economy.
Forty-eight percent those serving in the military that support Mitt Romney are more concerned with the economy compared to 23% of those in the military who support Barack Obama. A compilation of both groups indicated that 41% of those serving in the military feel that the economy is the most important issue today.
The candidate’s character ranked second.
When asked “which candidate do you believe has your best interests at heart,” 55% of those polled said Mitt Romney while only 24% of those polled said that Barack Obama had their best interests at heart.
When asked “which candidate do you believe is sincere about his stated policy positions,” 49% voted Romney compared to 24%, Obama, 16% and 9% voted “both.”
Finally, when asked, “How will you cast your vote,” 43% of those polled indicated that they will be voting in person while the remaining 57% said that they will vote by absentee ballot.
These polls are bad news for Obama all around.